Business Branding 101
Branding is one of the most important aspects of any business. Why? Because your brand is your business’s identity. It’s derived from who you are, who you want to be, and who people perceive you to be.
Shaping your brand goes hand-in-hand with forming your business. No matter what industry you’re in, people are going to need to know who you are. To understand who you are and what makes you different from the competition, you must first come to terms with the fact that you can’t be all things to all people. Once you decide that, you’re ready to begin developing your branding strategy that will share exactly that.
Key Branding Elements
The foundation to brand expansion lies in the presentation. How are you going to communicate your message to show your target market that you are who you say you are?
There are 7 key elements to keep in mind when designing your brand:
- The Logo – The most visible and consistent representation of your business. When designing, consider what your logo needs to communicate and how it will be used.
- Colors – Control the feelings and perception about your brand with the types of colors you use to represent your business. Selecting the right hues is crucial to the first impression potential customers have about your brand.
- Imaging – The types of photos and images you use to associate with your company will be a representation of who you are and what your brand is about.
- Font – Your company’s use of typography reflects your brands personality. It can often become the most symbolic part of your brand when used correctly. Don’t just settle for any font when designing.
- The Tone – This is the voice that needs to resonate with both current and future customers. It needs to be native and organic to who you are as a company, and it needs to be consistent in how’s its sharing your message.
- Your Tagline – What makes you different. A tagline or slogan tells people who you are and separates you from the rest of the competition.
- The Message – Your brand’s story. Your messaging informs your target audience and tells them who you are. This should be the same message that is created and supplemented by your visual branding aspects.
Finding a Printing Company to Portray your Brand
All these elements work together to create brand recognition as well as a solid foundation for your business to grow on. How you combine them onto printed materials will ultimately show your target audience who you are and why you are trustworthy. That’s why it’s equally important to find a local printing company to handle your marketing materials.
Printing with a local printer, like Xpress Graphics, gives you access to a team of professionals who care about sharing your business’s identity correctly just as much as you do. Show your brand and your audience how much you care and start printing with a reliable, local printing company today.